Happy Holidays from Southview Band!
Important Things to Plan for....
- 1/9~ we'll kick off the Butterbraid/Sofo Fundraiser. Go to the booster website for more information.
- S&E Contest is Feb. 3. If you're playing a solo, bring your accompanists' part in AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!! Must have them by Friday 1/12.
- Accompanist Rehearsals will start shortly after we are back from break. Make sure you schedule 2 practice sessions. Sign up sheets are on the bulletin board.
- Concert Band Soloists~ you're playing with Mrs. Clausius
- Symphonic Band Soloists~ you're playing with Mrs. Maloney
- PEP BAND requirements~ The 3rd quarter performance attendance grade includes attendance at 4 Pep Band Games.
- This is a minimum of 3 nights. Students can only use 1 of the double header games as their performance attendance requirement.
- Instrumentation for games is important. Smaller sections need to make sure that there somebody is at each game. Minimum-2 snare drums, 2 bass drums, 1 tenor, 2 cymbals, 3 horns, 3 baritones, 3 trombones, 3 of each trumpet/clarinet/flute part, 2 Sousaphones, 2 tenor saxes.
- If you've lost your music, the folder is in google classroom. Just search for it.
- Large Group Contest~ keep an eye on your email for a special note regarding volunteering for Large Group Contest. This is a HUGE event and each band member and at least 1 band parent is REQUIRED to work one shift. Students get 1 varsity letter point for each extra shift they work. This event is only a success when we all help out! It helps that we'll make a little money off the event too!
REACHING OUT TO SVB'S EXTENDED FAMILY
SVB, we have several extra flyers explaining our uniform campaign. Please share the mailing addresses for 2 family or family friends who may consider making a donation! This information will only be used for this mailing and then discarded.