Who are the Band Boosters?
Every parent of a student enrolled as a member of the Southview Band is considered to be a member of the Band Booster Association.
Some of the responsibilities of the Boosters Association are:
Organizing and funding social and recreational functions for the band students.
Purchasing additional music, instruments, and supplies in the event that the regular school budget for such equipment does not meet the needs of the group.
Purchasing and maintaining uniforms for the band and their various performing groups.
Supplying and maintaining the football game concession stands.
Organizing and managing the District Band Contest or Solo and Ensemble Contest when held at Southview.
Organizing various fund-raising projects through the school year to provide monies for their various responsibilities.
A copy of the Association’s Constitution and By-Laws can be obtained from the Booster Association Secretary.
What the Southview Band Boosters Do for YOU:
- Maintenance & purchase of new instruments
- Purchase of sheet music
- Organize and implement fundraising campaign for new band uniforms
- Parent chaperones and volunteers for all student events (football games, out of town trips, band camp, etc.)
- Maintain Band Booster Website and Calendar
- Email communications to families
- Provide information to local newspapers about events
- Provide music and support for band to participate in Fall Festival and Memorial Day Parade
- Provide water for home football game for our band and the visiting band
- Operate football and OMEA large group concessions to raise funds for operating expenses
- Provide band awards at end of the year concert
- Support Pit Orchestra for school musical
- Send Jazz Band to Northview Jazz Festival
- Band Pizza Parties (Fall & Spring)
- Subsidize band camp at BGSU (roughly $10k)
- Maintain Marching Band and Concert Uniforms (Measure, assign, alter, clean, mend, etc.)
- Host ice cream social before band camp
- Organize fundraisers to support work (car wash, tag day, Holiday Hoopla, Scrapbooking Day, Lincoln Test Drive)
- Organize fundraisers for students to earn money for trips and fees (discount cards, Century Products, Sofo Pizza)
- Sell Band Spirit wear
- Provide instrument transportation to games
- Maintain equipment trailer
- Support Flag, Majorette, and Drum Advisors stipends
- Donations/Sponsorships to organizations that help our students~ OMEA, TYO, etc.
- Host OMEA District I Large Group Competition
- Supports junior and senior high students going to OMEA Solo & Ensemble
- Production and sale of band video/pictures
- Provides Senior Scholarship
- Sell Cougar Heads and lines for SVHS
- Set up restaurant nights as fundraisers to use for operating expenses
- Help organize jr. high night, alumni night, and senior night
- Collect pay to participate fees and turn in to the school district
- Maintain Student Fundraising Accounts
The mission of the Southview Band Booster Association is to advance the welfare and interest of the Southview High School Band to the end that it shall be a credit to the school and community. It shall further be the object and purpose of the Southview Band Booster Association members to assist the officers in promoting a closer unification among parents, students, and directors, and to increase interest in the band among the faculty, student body, and the people of the community.